Monday, December 6, 2010

Felt Rosette Wreath (25 Days of Christmas No. 5)

I know, I know: I didn't post all weekend. Shame on me! This weekend was so hectic. I didn't finish this project until midnight on Friday! Then we did our Christmas pictures early Saturday morning.



And Saturday evening was my Grandmother's birthday dinner. So by Sunday I was basically exhausted. I know I owe you 4 tutorials. My plan is to do two today and two tomorrow:)

In searching for a simply awesome wreath to make for my front door I came across this:
Adorable Ruffly Felt Rosette Wreath from Domestifluff

However, I decided to do something a little different. Instead I decided to make the felt rosettes like the ones I did for the Felt Rosette Ball Ornament. (You will find how to make the rosettes there).



For this Felt Rosette Wreath, you will need:


  • About 1 1/2-2 yards of white felt, or about 70 rosettes
  • 12 in white foam wreath 
  • Your 6 in circle template from the previous tutorial
  • A pen, or something else to draw the circles with
  • Hot glue gun
  • Strait pins
  • Your choice of ribbon
 Trace your circles and cut them out. I did about 20 at a time so I didn't over do it and waste any felt.




 Make your rosettes and start gluing them on. I started on the very inside ring first.


I used strait pins to hold the rosettes to the wreath while the glue dried (which didn't take very long because it was hot glue).


Keep gluing the rosettes on working in rings and going around until you get to the very outside.




Add your choice of ribbon.


And hang it on the front door!:)


This wreath is so easy to make, and very versatile (would be really cute in pastels for Easter!), it's just very time consuming. So make sure you have plenty of time (or days) to make it!

Until next time, toodles!

Linking to The Chic and Crafty Party at TheFrugalGirls.com






    4 comments:

    1. What a fun idea, Bridget ~ your wreath is absolutely gorgeous!

      Thanks for sharing... and I look forward to more of your projects! ;)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you, Heidi! It was sad taking it down after the Holidays. That just means I will have to make an Easter one;)

      Also, thank you for doing the link-up party! It was so much fun:) I will be participating again this week.

      ReplyDelete