Friday, December 10, 2010

Crayola Model Magic Ornaments (25 Days of Christmas No. 10)

So, my friend Alison invited us over to make "clay ornaments" yesterday. Well, let me tell you, it wasn't clay. It was Crayola Model Magic! This light-weight stuff is perfect for making ornaments as it won't weigh your tree down. Great idea, Alison!:)

What she did was she used cookie cutters to cut out shapes and a straw to poke the hole for the ribbon. Then she found different things in her home to use as "stamps," if you will, to spruce up the shapes (like a garlic press to pretty-up a flower). Once the shapes were dry the kids used glitter glue to paint the ornaments. Genius, I know! Riley made two dinosaurs, I will post pictures once we go get them from Alison. I may pick some of this stuff up next time I'm at a craft store and try to make an actual tutorial out of it!

Thanks for the great idea, Alison!:)

Until next time, toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment